Finger Food Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- We believe that businesses should both self-regulate and benefit their communities and the environment.
- We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good.
- This economy is comprised of a new type of business, which is purpose-driven and creates benefits for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
- As a leader in this emerging economy, we believe:
- That we must change the way we work in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place matter.
- That, through our products, practices, and profits, we should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
We do this by committing to the following:
- Offset 3 times the company’s Scope 1, 2 and Scope 3 Transport emissions annually, through an externally accredited company and therefore become a carbon positive business.
- Carry out a carbon emission and sustainability opportunities audit/assessment annually and externally report on the findings.
- Source healthy and organic staff food from local, ethical and sustainable providers including Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance products.
- Take into account energy efficiency performance when purchasing IT and other equipment.
- Encourage car sharing, walking, cycling and public transport.
- Procure from local suppliers and hiring local staff whenever possible (Metro Vancouver).
- Establish and maintain a robust set of maintained records on energy consumption, travel, paper purchasing and waste/recycling data, wherever possible.
- Annually sponsor local educational, social and sports activities.
- Conduct at least 1 staff engagement session per year with sustainability and our CSR initiatives as the primary focus.
- Sign the David Suzuki Foundation declaration of interdependence.